Transform Your Leadership
The purpose of this course is to help you expand your leadership skills. You will learn how to have crucial conversations when the stakes are high and emotions are hot. This includes challenging your team to go beyond what they may think is possible. You will practice the art of communicating with radical candor while holding others accountable with compassion and taking full responsibility for all of your relationships. You will also strengthen your ability to be in the midst of conflict and develop a structure for your team that enables them to engage in healthy debates that build trust and commitment while getting results.
You Will Learn How To
Build Trust on Your Team
Create an Environment of Integrity
Learn About Radical Candor
Develop Confidence in Your Ability to Manage Conflict
Empower Your Team
Navigate Crucial and Challenging Conversations
Create a Structure for Healthy Debate
Encourage Your Team to Dream Big
Learn how to Challenge and Champion
Deal with Difficult Emotions
Be a Vulnerable and Compassionate Leader
This Four-Week Course Includes
Eight 1.5hr group video calls for discussion and experiential exercises
Audio files featuring lessons and demos
Exercises to help you put the learning into practice
Guided reading and writing assignments
Each week you access audio and video lessons, short readings, and practical exercises to get you out of theory and into practice. There are live video calls to debrief the materials with the facilitators and practice with classmates.
All Live Training Sessions meet for 1.5hrs by Zoom Video
Session 1 - Orientation
- You will meet your facilitators and classmates and design an alliance to powerfully set up the course.
Session 2 - Creating an Environment of Trust
- Trust is the foundation for success for all teams and groups. We will engage in exercises to build trust with each other and explore how you can apply these to your own team.
Session 3 – Engaging in Healthy Conflict
- Your team's success depends on navigating crucial conversations and encouraging healthy debate in order to gain commitment and achieve results. You will learn the power of alignment and how to get your team to engage in conflict that actually strengthens their relationships with each other.
Session 4 - Fostering a Culture of Feedback and Integrity
- Building on the power of healthy conflict, you will learn how to deliver feedback that allows your team to grow and thrive. You will step into the power of being in integrity with your colleagues and team.
Session 5 - Dealing with Difficult Emotions
- You will learn how to "be with" your own powerful emotions and allow teammates to be with theirs.
Session 6 - Challenging Your Team to Go Beyond )
- You will practice the art of championing your team while challenging them to go beyond what they think is possible and acknowledging who they are.
Session 7 - Leadership Round Table
- Bring your questions, challenges, conundrums. Articulate your "yeah, but...", your "I don't understand..." and even your "what about...". Tap into the wisdom of your facilitators and your fellow participants.
Session 8 - Completion
- We will review the course content and lock in the learning to support results for you and your team going forward.
Zoom video coordinates will be provided upon registration.
You will need a computer, laptop, or tablet with an internet connection as well as a working camera, microphone, and speakers.
You will NOT be able to dial-in.
David Langiulli is a certified professional coach (CPCC, PCC) who works with nonprofit executives to help them flourish and thrive. David's experience spans the university and corporate sectors for over three decades. Most recently he led a fundraising team at Princeton which consisted of 10 professionals responsible for $35 million in annual support to the University. Several thousand nonprofit leaders interested in self- development, leadership, and management follow David's blog on LinkedIn. He’s a graduate of the Coaching Training Insitute's Leadership and Coaching programs and holds master’s degrees in business and engineering, as well as an undergraduate degree in mathematics and physics-engineering. As a volunteer, David coaches youth classes at his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy and serves on the Board of Directors for the Collier-Lee Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Janice Cunning is a certified professional coach and facilitator who is passionate about partnering with fundraisers and teams to help them create an inspired vision that transforms lives. She was previously a Senior Consultant at KCI, Canada’s largest fundraising consulting firm. Janice earned a BA in History from Trent University, a Master of Library Science from the University of Toronto and completed CTI’s Leadership program. An active volunteer, Janice recently served as Vice President and Secretary for the International Coach Federation – Toronto Chapter.
What People Say About the Fundraising Leadership Team
"Janice and David are excellent trainers. They are engaging, practical, and they will definitely challenge you to learn and grow."--James Vanderlaan, Resonate Global Mission.
"David and Janice do an extremely good job making you feel comfortable and encouraging you to take risks."-- Maria Gagnon, Sr. Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Child and Family Services of New Hampshire.
Janice and David created a remarkably comfortable environment for our workshop. As facilitators, the three are diverse and unique individuals that are also articulate, sensitive and fun! Because they are certified coaches with real-life fundraising experience, David, Janice and Silvia were able to share personal and professional stories and examples that were relevant to our everyday fundraising and leadership roles. I was inspired by the role play and exercises. I thank Janice, David and Silvia for challenging us and sparking this change.”-- Renee Beneteau, Director of Philanthropy, YMCA of Greater Toronto
"I enjoy the different coaching and teaching styles of David and Janice. I will be recommending this course to other colleagues at UM."-- Stella Wixom, Executive Director, University of Michigan Business Engagement Center
"We had a lot of fun and connected with David and Janice as neutral but wonderfully engaged facilitators. They bring great credibility as seasoned advancement professionals and a proven record of accomplishment. I look forward to working with the Fundraising Leadership team in the future and unreservedly recommend them to others.-- Krista Slade, Executive Director, Advancement, Faculty of Arts & Science, University of Toronto