Feeling out of control is a nasty feeling. When we are out of control, we are often reacting to what’s going on:
- The tears are ready to come, and it is NOT the time to cry.
- A sarcastic comment slips out, and we didn’t mean it to.
- We bite someone’s head off…and then regret it.
- Our voice quivers, telling the world how nervous we are.
- That cuss word just tumbled out, when it shouldn’t have!
All of these are examples of losing control. We feel powerless to hold onto our feelings and behaviours.
We simply react. [Read more…]